As Project Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of assigned projects in compliance with Wastech’s policies and procedures. The successful candidate will manage, coordinate, direct, and oversee the development of projects to deliver outcomes and enable benefits related to the organisation’s strategic objectives.
- Project cost estimates, budget, and control of expenditure
- Work closely with the engineering and manufacturing departments to achieve material and labour budgets, improved design, and controlled scheduling and quality
- Plan, monitor, and report on project status to senior management
- Be responsible for supplier negotiation and contractual obligations
- Manage all subcontractors, scheduled works, and activities associated with the projects department
- Manage costing and manufacturing studies to meet quality and commercial targets
- Continuous evaluation and improvement of designs for cost-effectiveness
- Monitor and manage project personnel
- Develop strong relationships with the customers associated with projects to ensure expectations are met
- Great pay – remuneration will be based on experience (plus super)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Australian business with a great culture and high staff retention rates
- Work for a business committed to sustainability through becoming a major contributor to Australia’s circular economy
Known for our high retention rate, nearly a third of our employees have worked with our company for over ten years. We enjoy a laugh, don’t mind hard work, and pride ourselves in delivering quality products. A shared principle among our people and leaders is the need for action when it comes to environmental sustainability.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years within a Project Management role
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills
- A relevant professional Australian accredited Engineering degree or industry experience
- High-level communication skills, with the ability to deliver a clear and concise message to the business and external stakeholders.
- SAP experience is highly regarded
- Demonstrated Business Acumen
- A thorough understanding of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic equipment
- Proficient in Project Management scheduling – Microsoft Project or similar
About Wastech Engineering
Founded in 1993 by brothers Neil and Paul Bone, Wastech has grown to become an award-winning Australian manufacturing and engineering company at the cutting-edge of innovation and is committed to supporting the waste management and resource recovery sector.
How to apply
Click APPLY to submit your application.